zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From snair 123 <nair...@outlook.com>
Subject Migrate Cluster
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:31:25 GMT
Hello Experts
I need to migrate an existing 3 node Zk ensemble to a different set of servers in a different
networkSo servers A,B,C move to D,E,FWhat is the best way to do that without causing affecting
the service
This is is what we have been planning1. Add one node from the new network 2. Join and sync
up 3. Remove one from the old network4. Do this for all the 3 nodes
OR
1. Add 2 nodes in the new network2. Join and syncup3. Remove 2 nodes from the old network4.
Add the 3rd node in the new network5. Make sure it is the leader ( a restart maybe ?)6. Remove
the last remaining node from the old cluster
The second option i would hope would ensure the leader stays in the network with most nodes
and avoids problems due to network partitions ?