zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Task Queue with client node failovers
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 12:14:38 GMT
Hi Adam,

I had not gone through the contents of the link you provided
But, after reading the Tech Note 4, I can say that my use case is not on
that scale.

Regards,
Prabhjot

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Adam Milne-Smith <adam@milne-smith.co.uk>
wrote:

> Not an answer to your question but I just wanted to check you've read
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CURATOR/TN4
>
> On 2 Sep 2015 09:47, Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbharaj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > I am trying to design a distributed queue with Zookeeper. The use case is
> > like this:-
> >
> > A set of 't' tasks to be executed by 'n' nodes in round-robin fashion.
> But,
> > if any node goes down, the other nodes should take the task.
> >
> > For this purpose, I'm reading about zookeeper Queue recipe. The Queue
> > recipe relies on client watcher.
> >
> > Initially, all clients run their respective tasks. But, after one
> > iteration, lets say one client node goes down.
> > In this case, that client node itself is unavailable to get a Watch
> Event,
> > can the task be transferred to another node ?
> >
> > The worst case will be -
> > All the client nodes, but one, are down. Can this one node still pick up
> > all tasks sequentially and execute them ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prabhjot

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"