zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetić <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper jmx monitoring for kafka
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 01:25:13 GMT
Hi Prabhjot,

Short answer: yes
I used to think ZK was so super stable that it was one of those things that
don't require any management, but on a few occasions I witnessed complex
distributed applications nearly fall apart because of issues with ZK.  We
use our own SPM for ZooKeeper to monitor all our ZK nodes.  I'm not a ZK
expert, but metrics like Request Latency, Watch Count, Outstanding Requests
seem important.

Otis