zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Implications of increasing initLimit and syncLimit
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:57:09 GMT
Hi,

I've read [1] & [2] and am trying to understand initLimit and
syncLimit configuration
parameters a bit better. I have three specific questions I'd like to have
answered better:

   - Is the syncLimit used when intializing a Zookeeper node? I mean, you
   could look at the node lagging behind another when initialization is taking
   too long. To me it seems like it would be useless to have a syncLimit
   smaller than initLimit, since that limit will kick in immediately after
   a long initialization has taken place. Am I right?
   - What are the implications of having a too large value of initLimit?
   - What are the implications of having a too large value of syncLimit?

I have a Zookeeper ensemble with currently quite a lot of znodes and have
currently increased these to initLimit=60 and syncLimit=30 (remaining
parameters using default).

Thanks,
Jens

[1] http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperStarted.html