zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Check Peck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject zookeeper design problem
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 21:59:14 GMT
I am working on designing the zookeeper node hierarchy so looking for some
suggestion. I have a clients node under which I will have multiple clients
(for ex: client_100, client_101)

    /root/clients/client_100
    /root/clients/client_101
    /root/clients/client_102

Now inside each client, I need to store three things:

   1. First is metric data which will be in JSON format (max 15 key-value
   pairs).
   2. Second is transaction data which will be plain simple string (this
   data should be less than 1 MB).
   3. Third is client logs data which will also be plain simple string
   (this data should also be less than 1 MB).

Also now most important thing, I can have multiple of above three things
for each client. Meaning for client_100, I can have two metric data, two
transaction data and two client logs. Here two is just a number it can be X
but I will have my reaper process running that can clean the old "metric
data, transaction data and client logs" for each client after certain
period or some threshold.

In short, for each client I have a list of above three things which I need
to show on zookeeper. What is the right design for this so that I don't
destroy zookeeper. I can have each znode for each of above three things but
I am not sure how can I bucket this since it will be multiple for each
clients.

Also max number of clients I can have is 1000 that's all. But I will have
another reaper process for this as well to keep deleting older clients
which doesn't had any activity from a long time.