zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Conroy <ccon...@squareup.com>
Subject Re: Question about 3.5.0 stability and versioning
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 19:15:35 GMT
On a related note: intention to cut a 3.5.1-alpha release was announced in
early February yet it was only just released. This seems like a very long
window for an alpha quality release. Why not just cut a new point release
rather than wait for all of the minor issues to be resolved?

This long timeframe was a bit frustrating since I was waiting on the
release to see if it fixes the looped NPE issue that we hit quite
frequently in development. Eventually I gave up and cut an internal release
for our users.

I was a bit surprised to see multiple alpha release candidates. Also, the
release candidates are tagged with the same version of 3.5.1-alpha instead
of e.g. 3.5.1-alpha-rc1 which means all of our maven/nexus caches won't be
able to pick up the official release without being manually cleared! Could
we please tag the release candidates with different versions in the future?