zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Wagner (DVT) <juergen.wag...@devoteam.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper in a VM
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 06:44:16 GMT
Hello Bill,
  we are running Zk in VMs without problems. Each VM gets an internal IP
address (e.g., to talk to its host, like the private range address you
have in your log file) and an external IP address (to reach out from the
VM host  environment, usually also a private one in the 10.x.x.x range).
The latter is fixed, the former may change depending on the host where
the VM runs and what the DHCP server thinks is available. Consequently,
the host name of the VM should be bound to the external IP address.

Additionally, as we generate the Zk config files automatically through
centralized provisioning, we use (the external) IP addresses in the
config files, rather than host names. There used to be issues with name
resolution, so this is safer and changes will be reflected through the
provisioning engine, anyway.

Cheers,
--Jürgen

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards/Cordialement vôtre/Atentamente/С
уважением

Devoteam GmbH, Industriestr. 3, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 868-8725, Fax: +49 711 13353-53, Mobile: +49 171 864 1543
E-Mail: juergen.wagner@devoteam.com
<mailto:juergen.wagner@devoteam.com>, URL: www.devoteam.de
<http://www.devoteam.de/>

Managing Board: Jürgen Hatzipantelis (CEO)
Address of Record: 64331 Weiterstadt, Germany; Commercial Register:
Amtsgericht Darmstadt HRB 6450; Tax Number: DE 172 993 071