zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about 3.5.0 stability and versioning
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 05:09:37 GMT
The main issue I see is that the big new feature of branch 3.5, reconfiguration, touches some
pretty core parts of the code and isn't modular. It sounds difficult at this point how to
switch it on and off easily, but if we could, the suggestion is certainly a good one.

-Flavio

> On 11 Sep 2015, at 10:35, Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have you considered using feature toggles for such situations?  Would allow you to release
a non-alpha 3.5.0 with the big new feature off by default and those wanting to try it can
do so trivially.