zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper number of re-tries
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:32:05 GMT
Hello Folks,

I have a simple question on zookeeper client.
If I have 10 clients and all of them try to get a lock and all of them fail
(lets say because of some temporary network glitch), then, all of them will
retry. If the number of retries for each client is 3, then it results in a
total of 30 retries (in the worst case)

Considering another case where the request to get lock fails for the first
time for all 10 clients, but after that, one of the clients gets the lock
while others were still trying. In this case, will other clients still try
for the remaning number of times ? Or should they exit out with a negative
response ?

Regards,
Prabhjot