zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Kashtan <djkash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper server with SASL allows any old zkCli instance to connect
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:58:23 GMT
As an update, I found out that this issue is not confined to just zkCli.sh.
If I launch my java applications that create zookeeper clients without the
JVM argument "-Djava.security.auth.login.config=<my-client-jaas.conf>",
then my client can log in to my zookeeper server. Why is it that my
zookeeper client is rejected if I have the wrong password in my client
jaas.conf file, but if I fail to specify my client as using any security,
it just connects to the server? Surely I am missing something on my server
side to block these client connections right?

--
-Daniel