zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Odd Number of Nodes spread across 3 Datacenter
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:24:01 GMT
Hi Kaushal,

As long as 2 DC are up and reachable you will be able to form a majority,
so it isn't very important whether you go with 3, 5, 7 or 9. However, it
does mean that if 1 DC is partitioned from the other 2, then anything
relying on zookeeper there will be stalled. I recommend you read
http://whilefalse.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/building-global-highly-available.html,
and consider if such a design would be suited to your usecase.

-Ivan