zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vikram Kone <vikramk...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make any service highly available using Zookeper
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:53:51 GMT
Hi,
I'm a newbie to Zookeeper, so pardon any naive question I ask here.
I have a cassandra cluster running on linux VMs and have a spark job
scheduler service running on one of the nodes. Since cassandra has a
peer-peer architecture there is no concept of leader.
I want to provide high availability for this job scheduler service using
Zookeeper. I can't make any code changes to the job scheduler service since
it's a 3rd party app.
I'm thinking of copying the application folder on all the servers in the
cluster and use zookeeper to start an instance of the service on the
leader/master node by executing /opt/job-scheduler/bin/start.sh on leader
election.
Is this something easy to do with zookeeper?

Please point to any documentation or tutorial on how to run a bash script
on the leader node in zoo keeper's ensemble after a node is elected as
leader by the quorum.

Thanks