zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Kersten <martin.kersten...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubt in Atomic Broadcast
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:20:29 GMT
Hi,

   Zookeeper is all about a shared state called a consensus. So everything
that it is at its core is providing any means of joining a group of servers
and elect a leader and share information that result in a predictable
shared state that all servers agree on.

The most popular consensus algorithm is the Raft algorithm:
https://ramcloud.stanford.edu/*raft*.pdf. Reading this paper should clarify
most of your confusion regarding what Zookeeper achieves at its very core.

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten)