zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Lokesh Shrivastava <lokesh.shrivast...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubts about libzookeeper
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:49:02 GMT
I think it depends on whether your request reaches zkserver-1 and whether
it is able to send the request to quorum leader. Considering that "delete
/path" request has reached the quorum leader then following may happen

1. Quorum leader has forwarded request to zkserver-2 for "delete /path".
2. If your client connects to "zkserver-2" after step 1 is executed (get
/path). Then your "/path" will not be available.
3. If your client connects to "zkserver-2" before step1 is executed (get
/path) then your "/path" would be available and after some time your path
would not be available (after zkserver-2 is synched with the leader)

Others can correct me if this is not how it works.

Thanks.
Lokesh