zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Barlock <barl...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Connection to zk shell on Kafka
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:15:19 GMT
You need the jline JAR file that ships with ZooKeeper.

Chris

IBM Tivoli Systems
Research Triangle Park, NC
(919) 224-2240
Internet:  barlock@us.ibm.com

From:   Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbharaj@gmail.com>
To:     users@kafka.apache.org, user@zookeeper.apache.org
Date:   07/29/2015 01:13 PM
Subject:        Connection to zk shell on Kafka

Hi folks,

*/kafka/bin# ./zookeeper-shell.sh localhost:2182/*

*Connecting to localhost:2182/*

*Welcome to ZooKeeper!*

*JLine support is disabled*

 *WATCHER::*

 *WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null*

*<The shell never says connected>*

I'm running 5 node zookeeper cluster on 5-node kafka cluster (each kafka
broker has 1 zookeeper server running)

When I try connecting to the shell, the shell never says 'Connected'

However, if I try connecting on another standalone zookeeper  which has no
links to kafka, I'm able to connect:-

*/kafka/bin# /zookeeper/scripts/zkCli.sh -server 127.0.0.1:2181
<http://127.0.0.1:2181>*

*Connecting to 127.0.0.1:2181 <http://127.0.0.1:2181>*

*Welcome to ZooKeeper!*

*JLine support is enabled*

*WATCHER::*

*WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null*

*[zk: 127.0.0.1:2181(CONNECTED) 0]*

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

prabcs