zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Barlock <barl...@us.ibm.com>
Subject ZooKeeper Class Will Not Connect
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 17:37:02 GMT
We are attempting to upgrade from Kafka 0.8.0, which includes ZK 3.3.4 to
Kafka 0.8.2.1 with ZK 3.4.6.  My code which attempts to connect to ZK is
pretty straightforward:

            try {
                ZooKeeper zk = new ZooKeeper(connectString, sessionTimeout
, this);
                int connectAttempts = 0;

                while (!zk.getState().isConnected() && connectAttempts <
MAX_ZK_CONNECT_ATTEMPTS) {
                    try {
                        Thread.sleep(ZK_CONNECT_WAIT);
                    } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                        // Ignore
                    }
                    connectAttempts++;
                }
            } catch (IOException e) {
                trace.exception(CLASS_NAME, methodName, e);
            }

With some additional tracing, States is always CONNECTING.  Has something
changed with 3.4.6 about how I should connect to the server?  I can
connect just fine with the zookeeper-shell.sh that Kafka ships.  This code
always runs on the same system as ZK, so the connectString is always
"localhost:2181"

Chris