zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel <ele...@msn.com>
Subject starting a ZK cluster one node at a time
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 22:53:48 GMT
Hello,
I am setting up ZK in docker. One of the issue is I don't know on what host the node will
be deployed, and what the IP will be, so I need to configure dynamically.
with 3.5.0 it seems like i can update the quorum dynamically. Just wanted to confirm this
flow would work:
- start container and configure the ZK node with its IP/ports in the dynamic config file ->
start zk node- start a second container linked container, configure with the first node and
the new node's info -> start second zk node. - start 3rd container, configure with previous
nodes info and start zk server.
question: => will the first node update its config when the second node/third node join?
or does it need to receive some kind of signal (i.e. run reconfig or some other command?)
I haven't tried but before I spent the time writing this, i'd like to confirm it's possible.Will
the config file alone get the ZK nodes to find each other, or do I need to run the > reconfig
-file newconfig.cfg or > reconfig -members server.1=125.23.63.23:2780:2783:participant;2791,server.2=125.23.63.24:2781:2784:participant;2792,server.3=125.23.63.25:2782:2785:participant;2793
type of commands each time i add a node?
I hope this is a straight forward question to answer, or that there is a 'recommended' way
to proceed when the IP of the node is only known at launch.
Thanks for help.