zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Prabhjot Bharaj <prabhbha...@gmail.com>
Subject Corner case in Ephemeral-sequential node creation
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:19:28 GMT
Hello folks,

I was going through this blog :
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/05/zookeeper-made-simpler/ (it is 2+
years old)

In the second paragraph of the 'Recipes' section, there is a sentence:-

*New users of ZooKeeper will not know that there is an edge case in
ephemeral-sequential node creation that requires you to put a special
“marker” in the node’s name so that you can search for the created node if
an I/O failure occurs. This is but one of many edge cases that are not yet
well documented.*

I would request you to explain this corner case here, as I haven't
considered this corner case anytime in my code.

Regards,
prabcs