zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Zhuo Li <z...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject Question about Secure Port in 3.5.1
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 23:29:41 GMT
Hi,

I am reading source code of Zookeeper 3.5.1( inside runFromConfig method of
ZooKeeperServerMain.java) and realize that we try to use general
port/address first rather than secure port/address even both of them are
set, and if zkServer is started by the general one, we will skip using the
secure one.

My question is why don't we try to use secure port/address first, then try
to use the general one if it fails. I think this will be more secure, right?

And please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Best,
Zhuo