zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Mehta <vikasme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: locking/leader election and dealing with session loss
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:56:28 GMT
Camille, I don't have a central message store/processor that can guarantee
single writer (if I had one, it would reduce (still useful in reducing lock
contention, etc) the need/value of using zookeeper) and hence I am trying to
minimize the chances of multiple writers (more or less trying to guarantee
this) while maximizing availability (not trying to solve CAP theorem), by
solving some specific issues that affect availability.