zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Mehta <vikasme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: locking/leader election and dealing with session loss
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:24:03 GMT
Jordan, I agree with your recommendation to guarantee single lock
owner/leader. I am trying to figure out how I can improve the availability
of the leader in a specific corner case, i.e. when zookeeper ensemble is
under going leader election or broken (happens often due to software push,
host replacement, etc). When ensemble is broken, it means that entire
application is DEAD (no leader for any shard/resource).