zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incrementally bootstrapping a 3.5.0-alpha cluster?
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2015 02:35:46 GMT
Hi,

Approach 1 isn't supposed to work, since each server forms its own
ensemble. Each server is the leader in its own ensemble
so when you try to reconfigure it expects the other server to connect as a
follower but that doesn't happen. The error just means that you can't
reconfigure since you will loose a quorum (in an ensemble of 2 servers you
must have both ack every request and here you won't have that since they
are not talking).

Approach 2 is supposed to work, no matter if the first server is 2 or 1.
There may be a bug of course, but I just locally tried the scenario that
fails for you (as I understood it) and it worked. Here is my setup, perhaps
your can send me yours if it still doesn't work.

server 1:
dataDir=/home/shralex/zk-sat/zookeeper1
standaloneEnabled=false
syncLimit=2
initLimit=5
tickTime=2000
server.1=localhost:2721:2731:participant;localhost:2791
server.2=localhost:2722:2732:participant;localhost:2792

server 2:
dataDir=/home/shralex/zk-sat/zookeeper2
standaloneEnabled=false
syncLimit=2
initLimit=5
tickTime=2000
server.2=localhost:2722:2732:participant;localhost:2792

starting server 2 first. it says its the leader. starting server 1. then
connecting to server 2 with a client and issuing a reconfig adding server 1

Alex