zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Q: Is ZK vulnerable Leap Second in 2015
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:43:56 GMT
I'm not aware of there being an issue, we typically only use the clock
for relative time around session expiration. If the clock does skew a
significant amount we can run into issues like the following, but a
single second seems unlikely to cause issues:

See this analysis from 2012 when, iirc, ZK did run into issues in a
small number of cases. Note however that this was due to jvm/os
interaction issues and not ZooKeeper itself:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/07/watching-the-clock-clouderas-response-to-leap-second-troubles/

Patrick