zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Guy Moshkowich <guy.moshkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to identify servers in zookeeper ensemble
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:37:48 GMT
Hi Shushant,
Ensemble is the set of all ZooKeeper servers.
quorum is a subset of an ensemble that contains more than half of the
servers (more accurate servers that are not of type 'observer') which are
required for ZooKeeper service to be available.
>From http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/zookeeper.html:
"You must at least list the ensemble servers in hbase-site.xml using the
hbase.zookeeper.quorum property."
i.e., hbase.zookeeper.quorum is the list of ensemble (the parameter name is
misleading).
you can't list a quorum as it this list is decided in real time from all
none-observer servers that are up and connected to each other.
Hope this helps.