zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Leader election problems
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:54:43 GMT
Hi,

On 24 June 2015 at 06:05, Filip Deleersnijder <filip@motum.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let’s start with some description of our system :
>
> - We our using a Zookeeper cluster with 8 participants for an application
> with mobile nodes ( connected over Wifi ).

You mean the participants talk over wifi or the clients?

> ( Ip of the different nodes are according to the following structure :
> Node X has IP : 172.17.35.1X )

Why 8 and not an odd number of machines (i.e.:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup
)?

- It is not that unusual to have a node being shut-down or restarted
> - We haven’t benchmarked the number of write operations yet, but I would
> estimate that it would be less than 10 writes / second

What version of ZK are you using?

> The problem we are having however is that sometimes(*), some instances
> seem to be having problems with leader election.
> Under the header “Attachment 1” below, you can find the leader election
> times that were needed over 24h ( from 1 node ).  One average it took more
> than 1 minute !
> I assume that this is not normal behaviour ? ( If somebody could confirm
> that in a 8-node cluster, these are not normal leader election times, that
> would be nice )
>
> In attachement 2 : I included an extract from the logging during a leader
> election that took 101874ms for 1 node ( server 2 ).
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> If further or more specific logging is required, please ask !

Do you mind sharing a copy of your config file (zoo.cfg)? Thanks!

-rgs