zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Will 3.5.0 ever go final?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 03:52:53 GMT
Hi Javier,

On 22 June 2015 at 11:59, Javier Delgadillo <jdelgadillo@esri.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've been working with ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha pretty much since it came
out because we needed to support dynamic re-configuration of the cluster
without restarting multiple nodes.

ditto

> Are there any plans to make the 3.5.0 release final as it's been an alpha
for nearly a year now.

I think there are still some rough edges [0], but Michi is making good
progress in getting a new RC out for 3.5.1. I'd say that we probably need 2
more iterations before it be could considered stable, though it's being
used in prod in more than a handful of places.

-rgs

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2051,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2019,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2014,