zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Leader election problems
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:55:33 GMT
On 25 June 2015 at 08:12, Filip Deleersnijder <filip@motum.be> wrote:

> Some more information that we just got from our installation.
>
> - To check the EOF theory, we cleared all the version-2 data directories
> and restarted all vehicles
> - 2 of the 8 vehicles were unavailable at that time
> - The remaining 6 vehicles did not succeed in finishing leader election
> phase !

After how long?

> A log extract can be found at the end of this e-mail.
>
> - We then removed the 2 vehicles from the configuration just for testing
> purposes
> - Now leader election succeed without any problems !

How long did it take?

Having the logs for all servers (for both cases: for when the elections
fails and for when it succeeds) would be helpful. Please paste the logs on
gist.github.com or something similar since reading them in-line is a bit
hard.

I don't think the unclean shutdowns should be a problem, as long as quorum
can be formed (i.e.: they'll just be ignored, since ZooKeeper is meant to
be crash safe) (also, a Windows shutdown is probably not very different
then a shutdown through the init scripts).

-rgs