zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purge zookeeper data best method?
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:22:26 GMT
Hi Tim,

>>>> (1) Using PurgeTxnLog
a utility exposed by ZooKeeper. Administrator can run 'cronjob' on the
Zookeeper server machine.

Its automatic purging of snapshots and corresponding transaction logs.

Probably you can visit this section for more understanding.
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#Ongoing+Data+Directory+Cleanup

You will be able to achieve the desired functionality using both the
options. Anyway internally both are doing the cleanups using PurgeTxnLog
utility. Only the difference is, (1) is a kind of external scheduling and
(2) is automatic way.

IMHO, you can go for automatic purging and admins not required to take
effort on making cronjob.

Best Regards,
Rakesh