zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Javier Delgadillo <jdelgadi...@esri.com>
Subject RE: Will 3.5.0 ever go final?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:33:14 GMT
Raúl,

Thanks for the reply.  How long are the ZooKeeper iterations?  Management would prefer we
use an "official" release as opposed to one we build ourselves.  Are these the current release
candidates?  http://people.apache.org/~michim/ ?

If not, where can I go find them?

-Javier

-----Original Message-----
From: Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés [mailto:rgs@itevenworks.net]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 8:53 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Will 3.5.0 ever go final?

Hi Javier,

On 22 June 2015 at 11:59, Javier Delgadillo <jdelgadillo@esri.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've been working with ZooKeeper 3.5.0-alpha pretty much since it
> came
out because we needed to support dynamic re-configuration of the cluster without restarting
multiple nodes.

ditto

> Are there any plans to make the 3.5.0 release final as it's been an
> alpha
for nearly a year now.

I think there are still some rough edges [0], but Michi is making good progress in getting
a new RC out for 3.5.1. I'd say that we probably need 2 more iterations before it be could
considered stable, though it's being used in prod in more than a handful of places.

-rgs

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2051,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2019,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2014,