zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vincenzo D'Amore <v.dam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper official docker image
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:42:00 GMT
Hi, I have already built two docker images (standalone and ensemble for cluster). My work is
available here: https://github.com/freedev/solrcloud-zookeeper-docker

But I'm facing with a problem, I cannot open a client connection to a zookeeper instance running
into a docker images from outside (btw I have a similar problem with a VPN).

As far as I understood, after the first connection to client port 2181, there is a second
connection from client to server to a random port which is dynamically assigned by zookeeper
server.

INFO  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxnFactory@197] - Accepted socket
connection from /10.0.2.2:53159
INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:ZooKeeperServer@868] - Client attempting to
establish new session at /10.0.2.2:53159
INFO  [SyncThread:0:ZooKeeperServer@617] - Established session 0x14dd817fa700010 with negotiated
timeout 20000 for client /10.0.2.2:53159
WARN  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@357] - caught end of stream
exception
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0x14dd817fa700010,
likely client has closed socket
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:228)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:208)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

53159 port is unreachable from outside, because it is random and cannot be mapped to VPN access
rules.

Is there a way to workaround this problem?
May I define a static port or a port range for the second connection?

Ciao,
Vincenzo

> On 09/giu/2015, at 17:31, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Not that I know of, but this is not to say that it wouldn't be great to have. Are you
interested in helping us to do it?