zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From kvanhorn <kara_vanh...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Re: Getting error "unable to create sequence znode"
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 19:45:12 GMT
Hi Raul,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We're using the Perl (v 5.8.8) wrapper of the C library:

    my $lock_tmpl = $lock_prefix . "/" . $lock_name . "-";
    my $lock_path = $zkh->create($lock_tmpl, $self->{data},
        flags => (ZOO_EPHEMERAL | ZOO_SEQUENCE),
        acl   => ZOO_OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE) or
    die "unable to create sequence znode $lock_tmpl: " . $zkh->get_error .
"\n";

My question was poorly phrased--I should have asked what would cause such an
error?

The "-9" is the result of the "get_error()" call in the Lock.pm code snippet
above, but I have not been able to find where those numeric error values are
located again.  I usually use the "str_error()" call instead, but this is in
the Perl library, so...

As for the sequence number, we are well below the limit of the number of
places provided, thankfully, but I do not know what would prevent the
creation of such a number under normal (or abnormal) circumstances....?
This error only appears something like 11 out of 10,000 times under fairly
heavy load.

We only use one ZooKeeper server at this time and it is on the same machine
as the daily processing.

Hope this helps,
Kara