zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: using utf-8 encoding on java files
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 18:21:55 GMT
This sounds good to me.

Whether we reach consensus on UTF-8 or ASCII, it's good to pass some kind
of value to javac for -encoding.  If the value is unspecified, then it
assumes the platform default encoding, which may vary between different
developer environments and so give different results.  This might explain
why some developers could compile source with multi-byte characters, but
some couldn't, i.e. if Flavio's platform default encoding was ASCII or
CP-1252, but Michi's was UTF-8.

--Chris Nauroth