zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Montgomery <davidmontgom...@gmail.com>
Subject cant connect to zookeeper on ec2
Date Sat, 23 May 2015 14:58:36 GMT
Hi,

zookeeper is running on ec2 on a dedicated server.

I am using private ip address

I allowed access to port 2181 on the zk security group.  Yet I cant connect
from servers that have access via security groups.  This makes to sense to
me whatsoever.

here is my server id
head /var/lib/zookeeper/myid
1

Here is my zoo.cfg

maxClientCnxns=50
tickTime=2000
initLimit=10
syncLimit=5
dataDir=/var/lib/zookeeper
clientPort=2181
server.1=10.146.4.247:2888:3888

here is my hostname

hostname -f
ip-10-146-4-247.ec2.internal
hostname
ip-10-146-4-247

So.....I time out.  Even telnet will not work when I open the telnet port.
telnet 10.146.4.247 2181
Trying 10.146.4.247...

But if I run telnet on the zk server it works
telnet 10.146.4.247 2181
Trying 10.146.4.247...
Connected to 10.146.4.247.
Escape character is '^]'.

I even tried standalone by removing server.1=10.146.4.247:2888:3888 from
zoo.cgf

I installed on ubuntu 14.04 using cdh 5 apt-get install zookeeper-server

I have no issues when I use digital ocean.  Why is aws soooo difficult?
How do I start unsing zookeeper on aws?

Thanks