zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper not starting but not reporting any problem either
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 23:06:54 GMT
I was not even aware of "zkServer status"; weirdly it gives me that same
message that you get even though I know my node is working properly! :(

You can't use the same config file for all of your nodes; each needs a
unique clientPort and dataDir.  Is you ensemble supposed to be 3 nodes?
Then you need three conf files, each largely the same except the unique bits
I mention above.

If you are taking your first baby step, get a single node (standalone)
zookeeper running and then move on to an ensemble.

Good luck!
John