zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory Error
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 18:09:10 GMT
Hi,

Do you know if any of the services that use your ZK create ACLs that are potentially unique
and one-time-ish?  I recently hit a similar problem and discovered that the DataTree has an
ACL cache that never gets anything removed from it.  That was by far and away the largest
memory consumer I found when analysing the heap dump.  If this is the case then you should
see lots of ACL objects on the heap.

I filed a JIRA for this and keep meaning to submit a patch but sadly haven't got round to
it.  As an interim solution, I wrote a tool which uses the DataTree class and the serialisation
utils to purge this cache of unused entries.  I my case it shrank the snapshot from 500MB
to 12MB!  The time to write the snapshot went from 40 seconds to less than 1 second as a result.

Thanks,
Karol