zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Eyal Bar <eyal....@kenshoo.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper port 3181
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 07:56:58 GMT
Hi,

The Zookeeper servers (3 servers) were installed as part of the Cloudera
Hadoop High Availability installation.

In the following Cloudera documentation link,
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/v5-2-x/topics/cdh_ig_ports_cdh5.html,
you can notice that the port 3181 is described as part of the Zookeeper
ports used.

My question is why this port, 3181, is only open in 1 out of the 3
installed Zookeepers? Can it be that in any given time only one server can
listens on this port as part of a master\slave service architecture?

Best,