zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)" <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Adding change to ZK
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:59:51 GMT
Yes Michi, I am happy to do that.

Ibrahim

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Apr 2015, at 07:06, Michi Mutsuzaki <mutsuzaki@gmail.com<mailto:mutsuzaki@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Agreed. Would you like to update the wiki page?

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Ibrahim <i.s.el-sanosi@newcastle.ac.uk<mailto:i.s.el-sanosi@newcastle.ac.uk>>
wrote:
Thank you Flavio for clarification,

Honestly, I spent hours figuring out how to running Zookeeper in Eclipse
including (downloading from remote repository, checking out, configuring
class path, and running Junit tests). However, I installed the version
release 3.4.6 and trunk, they still have some bugs as appearing in attached
pictures, but the ant command builds successfully. Also some packages
appearing in unusual format like package src/java/test see attachment.

Doing the same job in Apache Cassandra, it is huge different. It just takes
few minutes because Apache Cassandra provide a clear explanation see link
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse.

It is true that Zookeeper wiki
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/UsingEclipse)
provides some steps but there are some steps are missing and some are not
clear to apply.
I suggest to rewrite the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/UsingEclipse) nice,
simple, and clear to help users and (new) developers to obtain and play with
the code.

Thank you once again

ibrahim

<http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580971/packages2.jpg>