zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From <indirapriyadharshini.thangam...@wipro.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent connection loss error
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 04:51:00 GMT
Hi Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige,

Once in a while there may be a time change caused by NTP which causes all zookeeper client
sessions to close. This may be the reason. Pls refer https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1366.
(But this has been fixed in 3.5.1). This may help you.

Regards,
Indira Priyadharshini
______________________________________
From: Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <glahiru@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:13 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Intermittent connection loss error

Hi Devs,

We are using ZK in Apache Airavata and when we run it for sometime some
connections are get lost and never get reconnect. I get following error and
since I try to reconnect in my process method it keeps trying and exhaust
the log. Of course I can fix the log issue but I am not sure why this is
happening . I am using ZK in standalone mode just single instance and below
is the code I use to reconnect and the log.

2015-04-08 09:43:10,785 [main-SendThread(gw111.iu.xsede.org:2181)] WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server
gw111.iu.xsede.org/149.165.228.109:2181, unexpected error, closing socket
connection and attempting reconnect
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:66)
at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:291)
at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1041)

@Override
synchronized public void process(WatchedEvent watchedEvent) {
    logger.info(watchedEvent.getPath());
    synchronized (mutex) {
        Event.KeeperState state = watchedEvent.getState();
        logger.info(state.name());
        switch(state){
            case SyncConnected:
                mutex.notify();
            case Expired:case Disconnected:
                try {
                    mutex = -1;
                    zk = new
ZooKeeper(AiravataZKUtils.getZKhostPort(),
AiravataZKUtils.getZKTimeout(), this);
                    synchronized (mutex) {
                        mutex.wait();  // waiting for the syncConnected event
                    }
                    storeServerConfig();
                } catch (IOException e) {
                    logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
                } catch (ApplicationSettingsException e) {
                    logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
                } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                    logger.error("Error while synchronizing with zookeeper", e);
                } catch (AiravataSystemException e) {

--
Research Assistant
Science Gateways Group