zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ibrahim <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject Adding change to ZK
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:30:48 GMT
Hi folks,

Here I am asking simple questions, but I really appreciate if I get help.
Usually, I work with ZooKeeper 3.4.6, doing some experiments.

Often, when I add change to ZooKeeper code, I use tags folder and select
release-3.4.6 (see attach picture). The problem with this is that the
Eclipse doesn’t show me any compiler error if I made any mistakes (e.g,
syntax/grammar mistake). I can only find the mistake if I run ant build.
I really appreciate if anyone code explains (the right way) how to find the
code from repository, import to eclipse, and start making change.

By the way, I manage to find the code from the Eclipse using SVN Wizard
(checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/trunk/
zookeeper-trunk), then I got the project packages organized like (see
attachment)

<http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580959/package_explorer.png>
Thank you

Ibrahim