zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vikrant Singh <vikr...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Managing Watchers
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:36:56 GMT
Hello zookeeper users,I am experimenting/prototyping a zookeeper installation.One part of the
same is a watchClient which monitor various znodes (by applying watches) and perform some
action according to triggered watch.
As part of plan we need to have multiple instances of this watchClient running against same
set of nodes. Idea is to have one client taking all the load, while other is on standby mode.This
is done primarily to make sure that there is a backup capacity. If primary process dies, other
process (on standby) takes over the load.
Question I wanted to ask is that is there any zookeeper recipe or framework which gives us
this functionality? I wanted to use something existing which is will proven/tested before
choosing to write from scratch.
Thanks,Vikrant