zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: watch my ephemeral node during network disconnect
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 04:19:57 GMT
Any state changes that occur in ZK while you're not connected will not be
fired by the watch.
So,
1.) Yes, you're disconnected so no watch can be fired.
2.) From memory the ZK client will automatically reregister watches (I
could be wrong on this though) when you reconnect. Once reconnected though,
the ephemeral node will no longer exist so, depending on your watch type
(exists, children etc.) it won't fire until the ephemeral node is recreated.

Once a watch has fired it is gone. You need to register another watch if
you want to be informed of subsequent events for the given node.
cheers