zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ben Hsu <ben....@criticalmedia.com>
Subject Leader Election with multiple elections?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:38:46 GMT
Hello

I have a question about leader election.

My application has a number of roles (think of them as the same worker,
with slightly different configurations)

I would like my program to do this:
 - upon startup, assume the leadership for EITHER role1, or role2, or role3
 - if all those leadership roles are taken, become a stand by for any of
those roles if their leaders die.

This looks like a variation on zookeeper leadership election, except the
program is trying to get elected in multiple elections at the same time.
Has anyone tried this?

We are using Kazoo, the Python client, and would appreciate any sample code
using that.