zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sam Weisberg <samweisb...@openmailbox.org>
Subject Question about 3.5.0 stability and versioning
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 09:08:37 GMT
Hi list,

I am a little confused about the versioning of the 3.5 release branch.
When looking at the homepage, it sais the 3.5 release "is alpha quality"
and it is suffixed with a -alpha tag.

When I first looked at the github releases[1] however, it seams to
indicate that there has already been a 3.5 release candidate and a 3.5
release.
In addition, the devs seem to be gearing up for a 3.5.1 release[2],
which would be curious if there was not even a stable 3.5.0 release.
There is also no longer an active milestone for 3.5.0 in Jira.

Considering all that, I have a bit of trouble understanding the
implications of the -alpha suffix of the 3.5.0 release.
Can the 3.5.0 release be considered stable and is just not widely used?
I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me a bit.

Cheers,
Sam

[1] https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/releases
[2]