zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Question about 3.5.0 stability and versioning
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:29:25 GMT
Hi Sam,

The label "alpha" refers to an alpha release of the 3.5 branch, not an alpha version of 3.5.0.
We typically only have bug fixes for the minor releases of a branch, and for 3.5, we have
used alpha to say that the release is indeed unstable and that major changes could come with
later releases of the branch.

I suppose we could have done 3.5.0-alpha, 3.5.0-beta, 3.5.0 or some similar sequence, but
that isn't the current thinking afaict.

-Flavio

> On 21 Mar 2015, at 09:08, Sam Weisberg <samweisberg@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> I am a little confused about the versioning of the 3.5 release branch.
> When looking at the homepage, it sais the 3.5 release "is alpha quality" and it is suffixed
with a -alpha tag.

> When I first looked at the github releases[1] however, it seams to indicate that there
has already been a 3.5 release candidate and a 3.5 release.
> In addition, the devs seem to be gearing up for a 3.5.1 release[2], which would be curious
if there was not even a stable 3.5.0 release.