zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <fpjunque...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: What goes in the snapshot?
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:55:40 GMT
Hi Karol,

It's odd that you have such large snapshots and little data in the data tree. Are you creating
lots of sessions? Right now I can't think of a good reason, I suggest you really use the snapshot
formatter to inspect the snapshot.

-Flavio

> On 22 Feb 2015, at 14:23, Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Flavio,
>
> Yes, one of ours clients had a bug which caused it to go into a create/delete tight loop
with zero net effect (I.e. It was deleting what it had just created). After stopping the client,
the snapshot never reduced in size so are the deletes in there permanently?

> Thanks,
> Karol
>

>> On 22 Feb 2015, at 14:05, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> Perhaps a lot of data has been deleted? In any case, you may want to use the SnapshotFormatter
to check what is in the large snapshot.

>> -Flavio
>>
>>> On 22 Feb 2015, at 10:44, Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was under the impression that the snapshot contained essentially an on-disk
copy of all the data.  However, one of our clusters has a snapshot which is over 1GB while
the mntr four letter word reports an approximate data size in the hundreds of KB and a node
count in the low thousands.  So what else goes into the snapshot and how can I slim it down?