zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)" <i.s.el-san...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 03:55:30 GMT
If you want to run ZK in five machines, then you should list the servers in zoo.cfg file  as
follows:

server.1=host1:2888:3888
server.2=host2:2888:3888
server.3=host3:2888:3888
server.4=host4:2888:3888
server.5=host5:2888:3888

You should change the host name with the name of your machines or IPs (for each 5 machines),
and leave the ports the same. This how I do when I run 5 ZK servers.

Ibrahim

-----Original Message-----
From: penguin [mailto:barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 06:47 م
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused

I have installed an instance of Zookeeper (v3.4.6) on 5 different servers (Linux).  I have
created my zoo.cfg file and listed the servers as follows:

server.1=hostname1:2888:3888
server.2=hostname2:2889:3889
server.3=hostname3:2890:3890
server.4=hostname4:2891:3891
server.5=hostname5:2892:3892

I have put this on each server in the conf directory.

When I startup the server on each using zkServer.sh start, and I look in zookeeper.out, I
see that zookeeper tries to connect, but the connection is refused for each attempt to connect
to any of the servers.

When I issue zkServer.sh status:
$ ./zkServer.sh status
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /opt/apps/current/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Error contacting service. It is probably not running.

This happens on all 5 servers.  Any idea what I'm missing.  I also have my myid file for each,
starting with '1' on the first, '2' on the second, etc...