zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What goes in the snapshot?
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:23:57 GMT
Hi Flavio,

Yes, one of ours clients had a bug which caused it to go into a create/delete tight loop with
zero net effect (I.e. It was deleting what it had just created). After stopping the client,
the snapshot never reduced in size so are the deletes in there permanently?

Thanks,
Karol

> On 22 Feb 2015, at 14:05, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Perhaps a lot of data has been deleted? In any case, you may want to use the SnapshotFormatter
to check what is in the large snapshot.

> -Flavio
>
>> On 22 Feb 2015, at 10:44, Karol Dudzinski <karoldudzinski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was under the impression that the snapshot contained essentially an on-disk copy
of all the data.  However, one of our clusters has a snapshot which is over 1GB while the
mntr four letter word reports an approximate data size in the hundreds of KB and a node count
in the low thousands.  So what else goes into the snapshot and how can I slim it down?