zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From penguin <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:31:13 GMT
Ok, I have tried various setups (5 and 3 ZK Server instances), and neither work, both receiving
the ‘connection refused’ error.

I’m now at the 3 ZK ensemble, 1 ZK server instance per physical machine.

Myid file is set to 1,2 and 3 respectively on the machines.
Zoo.cfg has the following, and uses 2181 as its client port:

server.1=servername:2888:3888
server.2=servername:2888:3888
server.3=servername:2888:3888

Interestingly enough, when I start up the server1 instance, the zookeeper.out file receives
ongoing information on the connection refused to each server instance.  When I start up the
servers on machines 2 and 3, those zookeeper.out files do not receive any information.  Is
that normal?

In any case, I’ve checked the ports by using nc –v hostname port, and connections are
successful.  So this is not a firewall issue or port block issue.  I’ve had my OSE’s check
the servers as well to ensure no communications issue.

*Note, port 2181 is an eForward port.  Is this supposed to be used by Zookeeper?

Same errors over and over:
2015-02-24 09:38:00,601 [myid:1] - INFO  [QuorumPeer[myid=1]/0.0.0.0:2181:QuorumPeer@714]
- LOOKING
2015-02-24 09:38:00,603 [myid:1] - INFO  [QuorumPeer[myid=1]/0.0.0.0:2181:FastLeaderElection@815]
- New e
lection. My id =  1, proposed zxid=0x0
2015-02-24 09:38:00,605 [myid:1] - INFO  [WorkerReceiver[myid=1]:FastLeaderElection@597] -
Notification:
1 (message format version), 1 (n.leader), 0x0 (n.zxid), 0x1 (n.round), LOOKING (n.state),
1 (n.sid), 0x0
(n.peerEpoch) LOOKING (my state)
2015-02-24 09:38:00,608 [myid:1] - WARN  [WorkerSender[myid=1]:QuorumCnxManager@382] - Cannot
open channe
l to 2 at election address servername:3888
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)

Regards,

Barry