zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From penguin <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 02:17:35 GMT
Ok, my network folks and system engineers took alook at the connectivity, and there are no
issues with firewalls, or any other potential connectivity obstacle.  Therefore, not sure
what the next step would be.  I tried to change my config for just 3 instances of zk on 3
separate VMs.  Still getting the connection refused error.  Anything I can provide in my setup
to help resolve this?

Regards,

Barry

From: Flavio Junqueira-2 [via zookeeper-user] [mailto:ml-node+s578899n7580844h12@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:17 PM
To: Barnett, Barry F
Subject: Re: New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused

That's because some client is trying to connect to the server, but the server is looking (not
following or leading) and the result of the nc run confirms it. I think you still have a connectivity
problem. There is something preventing the servers from connecting to each other and it seems
to be something related to your environment.

-Flavio

> On 04 Feb 2015, at 17:51, penguin <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7580844&i=0>>
wrote:

> I now made this a 3 server ensemble as opposed to a 5 server ensemble.  Now getting different
messages in my out logs:P

> 2015-02-04 11:48:29,851 [myid:1] - WARN  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@362]
- Exception causing close of session 0x0 due to java.io.IOException: ZooKeeperServer not running
> 2015-02-04 11:48:29,851 [myid:1] - INFO  [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@1007]
- Closed socket connection for client /xxxxxxxx:64089 (no session established for client)

http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/New-Zookeeper-Installation-connection-refused-tp7580825p7580844.html
NAML<http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>