zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From penguin <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject New Zookeeper Installation - connection refused
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 18:46:30 GMT
I have installed an instance of Zookeeper (v3.4.6) on 5 different servers
(Linux).  I have created my zoo.cfg file and listed the servers as follows:

server.1=hostname1:2888:3888
server.2=hostname2:2889:3889
server.3=hostname3:2890:3890
server.4=hostname4:2891:3891
server.5=hostname5:2892:3892

I have put this on each server in the conf directory.

When I startup the server on each using zkServer.sh start, and I look in
zookeeper.out, I see that zookeeper tries to connect, but the connection is
refused for each attempt to connect to any of the servers.

When I issue zkServer.sh status:
$ ./zkServer.sh status
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /opt/apps/current/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Error contacting service. It is probably not running.

This happens on all 5 servers.  Any idea what I'm missing.  I also have my
myid file for each, starting with '1' on the first, '2' on the second,
etc...